And… then I was Without too
Posted in doodle,news by Mark on the April 22nd, 2007

Again bit of a delay in posting oops, lots of changes for me at the moment. Have finally left my job of three years at With in Manchester to go freelance. It was my first job in the industry as a designer and though I’d been unhappy there for some time, it was a great place to start out – sounds a bit trite to say it, but they did some good stuff, with lots of varied clients and work, and was a very fun place to start out and learn. And of course met a lot of cool people who I’m still in touch with, like that slacker Matt who posts pleasant abuse occasionally here.

Everyone was very cool with my leaving, so had a very cool send off and promptly got sick for a whole week shortly after my departure! But I have a few very nice pieces of work lined up already, and lots of leads to start chasing.

Soooo… Plans include updating my flash site with some new content and stripping out a few bits and pieces, and working on various of my own projects again, some nice new experimental stuff hopefully which I’ll post here of course. And in the chaos of clearing out my desk I dug out an old pad with lots of doodles see below :) And more from me soon hopefully.

In other news, cool seems to be my new favourite word, feel free to smack me in the face if I use it too much.

Spread the silly:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • NewsVine
  • StumbleUpon
  • Slashdot
  • Twitter

9 replies to 'And… then I was Without too'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'And… then I was Without too'.

1. Rihards Steinbergs said, on April 23rd, 2007 at 8:06 am

What is that thing on the right in the second image? Is that a wave? But still pretty cool doodles :D

2. Mark said, on April 23rd, 2007 at 8:11 am

Hehe yea some sort of wave, was doodling it between things in work, when I was done I looked up and realised I had two people watching my frantic scribbling like I was a crazy person :D

3. maggie said, on April 25th, 2007 at 2:49 am

Hi Mark:
    I luv your designs, can you please write to me I need to ask you something.
    Thanks
    Maggie

4. Matt Cox said, on April 26th, 2007 at 8:38 am

Swish!

5. natasha said, on July 3rd, 2007 at 9:04 pm

i love these :)

keep up the fantastic scribblage my friend :D

6. Violet said, on October 26th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

wow, those are so cool, i would love to use some of your ideas for a project at school, if it’s ok with you…

7. Valerie Goldstein said, on October 26th, 2008 at 9:49 pm

your fishhook doodle is titled ‘rhymes with hook’. I can’t stand it when I don’t get a reference! Help me! Love your doodles!

8. Violet said, on October 26th, 2008 at 10:32 pm

i guess you really like the color light blue, eh? lol, do you hand draw those, or do you do em on paint or something…

9. Mark said, on October 27th, 2008 at 12:01 am

Eh well email me Violet if you want to use something, depends what ideas really, should really just get inspired by me and come up with your own things ;)

These were just biro/ballpoint scribbles on a pad. Pen was blue. Hence them being blue ;)

Valerie, the concept is just the fish is surrounded by fish hooks, so it’s alluding to what the fish might be thinking – “****” :)